Ms. Trimmer’s primary focus is real estate, land use, zoning, and government law. As a registered lobbyist, she represents individuals, corporations, landowners and developers to secure business and development incentives as well as entitlements including land use, zoning, concurrency and mobility fee approvals. She also provides legal counsel in real estate transactions including the leasing, acquisition, entitlement, financing, and development of all types of commercial and residential properties.
Ms. Trimmer served as a paralegal in Washington, DC for a decade before obtaining her Juris Doctorate and moving to Florida. Her practice prior to joining DMHD focused on community association law where she represented condominium and homeowners associations in all stages of governance.
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D, cum laude, 2010
- American University, B.A., magna cum laude, with honors (Law & Society/Psychology), 2003
- Admitted to Florida Bar
- Admitted to United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy Class IV Fellow
- Florida Bar
- Annual Convention Committee
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- City, County and Local Government Law Section
- The Jacksonville Bar Association, Board of Governors
- Young Lawyers Section, Board of Governors, 2014-2018
- Bar Bulletin Editor-in-Chief, 2014-2018
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Vice President of Membership, 2017-18
- 4th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission Oversight Committee
- NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Urban Land Institute
- Junior League of Jacksonville
- K9s for Warriors volunteer
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Citizenship Day
- Advance Directives for Seniors
- Thurgood Marshal Mock Trial Competition Judge
- AV Peer Review Rated by Lexis Nexis | Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018
- Jacksonville Business Journal Ultimate Attorney, 2018
- 2017 Leaders in the Law by Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Florida Trend Legal Elite Up and Comer, 2017
- Martindale Hubbell Client Distinction Award
- Chair of the Year, Jacksonville Bar Association
- Volunteer of the Year, Young Lawyers Section, Jacksonville Bar Association
Publications and Presentations
- Co-Author, Limitations: Potentially Fatal Defect In Your Construction Defect Claim, 5th Annual Construction Law Institute 2012, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Peer Review Editor, Construction Law Institute, 2013, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Research Assistant, The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act: Revenge of the Debtor, Community Association Law – The New Normal, 2013, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Author, Supreme Court Rules that Liens Cannot be Stripped in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Proceedings, The Community Connection Volume 2, Issue 3, Community Associations Institute.
- Editor, Condominiums and Homeowners’ Associations, Advanced Construction Law Certification Review Course, 2016, Florida Bar Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Editor, Case Management for Complex Construction Cases: Rules, Tools & Suggestions to Manage Your Case, Construction Law Institute, 2016, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.